If you’re a regular reader of my blog you’ll have noticed that I’ve got a bit of an obsession at the moment with creating large panoramic images, this one again breaks my previous record and comes in at just over 2 gigapixels! The image was captured just below an Iron Age hillfort called Pen-y-Dinas (hill of the fort) or if you prefer just above Happy Valley, the view point on the southern slops of the Great Orme, Llandudno has far stretching views to the ruins of Deganwy castle the Mulberry harbour in Conwy and to the West (right of the image) Dwygyfylchi and the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. Keep reading →
Introducing your mobile web app
If we have photographed your wedding here is how you can add your web app to your mobile phone. The instructions are the same for Android devices but the screens look slightly different. Keep reading →
Well with all the good weather we are having in North Wales lately it seems rude to not take advantage of it and head out to the hills once more. This is my largest gigapixel image to date coming in at 1.7 gigapixels or to put it in plain English it would measure 1130 Inches wide by 297 Inches high if you were to print it out. Whilst up at this location I had decided I would create a 360 panoramic image which you can also zoom in on.
Following on from my high resolution image of Deganwy one of my twitter followers suggested that Cwm mountain would make for a nice panoramic view of my home town Llandudno. I agreed but I can look out my window and see Cwm Mountain plus I’d decided my next image would be from the Little Orme looking down over Llandudno with the sweeping promenade and bay of hotels.
Following on from my Conwy gigapixel image, this is the second to be published and taken as the sun was going down behind the Conwy mountain, the image was captured from an area known locally as the Vardre, it’s also the site of the Deganwy castle ruins. The image was captured on the 18th February 2016.
April 1st 2015 marked a new chapter for my photography business, I took redundancy to run my business full time. The funny thing is I thought I would have loads of time to go out and create images like this one, truth be known around 25% of my time is spent actually taking photos, the other 75% of my time is used up processing and managing the day to day running of my business, boring things like accounts! So yesterday when I found that I had a few hours spare due to the bad weather I decided I’d go out and capture this image from the highest tower along the castle walls in Conwy (North Wales).
Today 09/05/2015 Conwy Castle was lit up to mark the 70th year anniversary of the end of World War II. The below image is available for sale in our gallery
Commercial Photography – Case Study
Conwy County Borough Council (CCBC) tourism department required professional images of a series of Alice in Wonderland statues in Llandudno for promotional postcards.
PR Photography – Case Study
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) had been invited to Gwynt Y Môr off shore wind farm site to view their activities 1st hand. IOSH required photographic coverage of the visit.